The quarantine made us move the dates of Book Arsenal, but it did not stand in the way of Antytvir 2020.
You can get acquainted with the works of the finalists following the link in the titles of the works below.
The 10th Book Arsenal was postponed to 2021. Previously the Festival was scheduled for May 20-24, 2020. In its focus — Optimistic Skeptics. Traditionally the students of 8-11 grades without any restrictions were invited to take part in the literary contest. This year a record number of works was submitted to the contest — 110 participants from all over Ukraine thought about the topic Everything will be fine. Or not?
Yes, we live in uncertain and anxious times, but it is even more important to write stories — for ourselves, our contemporaries and next generations. Boccaccio during the epidemic wrote The Decameron, and what are you going to write? What position are you going to choose, optimistic or skeptic? This time we do not make any restrictions in the genre and text volume: we accept fantastic stories and realistic diaries, essays, poems, plays and critical reviews of the books on epidemic
— said organizers.
The awarding ceremony of the winners of the Antytvir 2020 took place online June 17. Its main news was the special prize initiated by the Project manager of BaraBooka Tanya Stus — publication of a collection of works, which includes Antytvirs from 1 to 7 places and those got special rewards. Publication of the collection is planned as a part of the collaboration of the publishing house Ranok and the project supporting children’s reading BaraBooka. The publication is expected before the next Book Arsenal festival.
Screenshot of the Zoom service during the online award ceremony of the winners of the contest Antytvir 2020
The winners of the contest Antytvir 2020:
- 1 place — Chaschina Maria Lacrima dell’anima
- 2 place — Velshinska Victoria Those who do not exist
- 3 place — Ladychenko Olexandra Flower surgery
- 4 place — Strokach Daria Trees’ epidemics
- 5 place — Schulipenko Kateryna When the soul blossoms
The winners of the contest Antytvir 2020: Chaschina Maria (1st place), Velshinska Victoria (2nd place), Ladychenko Olexandra (3rd place). Photo from the personal archive
The special rewards got Koshukov Severyn Alone with the owl and Chelakova Orysia I disappeared with a hope, that everything will be… for the most pessimistic-optimistic compositions.
Also finalists of the Antytvir contest became:
- Bezpala Anna In the abyss of realities
- Goldina Olexandra Everything will be fine. Or not? Skeptic’s diary, or The worst script
- Grushka Anna The pillow
- Derkach Ivan Without a title
- Ilnytska Victoria The near future
- Karpova Svitlana-Yuliana, Karpov Kostyantyn A plague artist
- Konyushenko Sophia Without a title
- Makovetska Anastasia Karma
- Morgunova Taisia Self isolation
- Pidgorna Valeria Silence. Afraid or not?
- Rudenko Sophia Everything will be fine. Or not?
- Sechko Anna-Sophia Friendliness & erudition
- Suprun Tymofiy Without a title
- Tsaryova Sophia Oratio absolutionis
The jury of the contest:
Kateryna Kyselyova — a journalist of an online publication Osvitoria. Media
Yuliia Kozlovets — The International Book Arsenal Festival’s children’s programs coordinator
Tanya Stus — project manager of BaraBooka, a specialist in children’s and adolescents reading
Svitlana Tsurkan — a head of the Arsenal’s Educational Department
Contest conditions in 2020:
The works were accepted in Ukrainian in random style and form till 18.00 May 22, 2020 to the mail address [email protected].
We evaluated compositions according to such criteria: originality of thought, structure of the presentation and general literacy.
The literary contest for the students of 8-11 grades takes place within The International Book Arsenal Festival since 2018. The contest is aimed at the development of critical thinking and creative approach to the teenager’s writing. The topic of the contest always assonants with the focus-topic of the Festival.