For the second time, the International Book Arsenal Festival, the Frankfurter Buchmesse, and the Goethe-Institut Ukraine are organizing the Special Programme for publishers from Ukraine and neighbouring countries at the Frankfurter Buchmesse.
Participants of the programme — publishers, editors, licence managers, and literary agents from Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Hungary — will take part in introductory sessions and seminars by German book market professionals, attend the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2023, and have extensive networking opportunities during the fair.
15 participants were selected to participate in this year’s programme which will take place on October 17–20, 9 of them from Ukraine.
Participants from Ukraine:
- Katheryna Doinychko, Artbooks Publishing House
- Iulia Budnik, Blym-Blym Publishing
- Anna Tiurina, Crocus Publishing LCC
- Anna Labai, KNIGOLOVE LCC
- Roman Skliarov, Nash Format Publisher
- Iryna Oleshko, Nasha Idea
- Larysa Andriievska, Spirit and Litera
- Bogdana Romantsova, Tempora Publishing House
- Svitlana Bondarenko, Zhorzh
Participants from the neighbouring countries:
- Anna Baghramyan, Armenia, ARI Literary and Talent Agency
- David Kakabadze, Georgia, Siesta
- Eszter Kovacs, Hungary, Pagony Kiadó
- Magdalena Debowska, Poland, Wydawnictwo Karakter
- Liliana Duta, Romania, Publica Com
- Ján Gavura, Slovak Republic, FACE
The Programme is subject to financial support by the German Federal Foreign Office.