Frankfurter Buchmesse in cooperation with the International Book Arsenal Festival and Goethe-Institut Ukraine announce the open call for the second season of the Special Programme for publishers from Ukraine and neighbouring countries.
The Special Programme for publishers from Ukraine and neighbouring countries is an intensive training and networking programme for publishers, editors, foreign rights managers and literary agents from Armenia, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Poland, Romania, the Slovak Republic, and Ukraine within Frankfurter Buchmesse which will take place on October 18-22, 2023.
This year the Programme will be held for the second time. In 2022, 17 publishers participated in the Programme, including 9 publishers from Ukraine. Read more about the Programme and the 2022 participants on the Frankfurter Buchmesse website.
Participants of the Special Programme 2022
Photo: Frankfurter Buchmesse, Nurettin Cicek
The participation in the Programme includes:
- preparatory online seminars with advice on participation in Frankfurter Buchmesse and presentations of the book markets of the countries participating in the Programme;
- one-day seminar with experts of the German book market;
- participation in the official opening of Frankfurter Buchmesse;
- numerous events and opportunities for establishing professional contacts with international partners during Frankfurter Buchmesse.
- at least two years of professional experience in publishing with a focus on rights and licensing trade;
- a good command of English;
- being a publishing professional from Ukraine, Armenia, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Poland, Romania, the Slovak Republic.
The Programme covers participants’ expenses for accommodation in Frankfurt and meals (partially); participants will also be able to apply for reimbursement of travel expenses.
You can apply for participation in the Programme via online form on the Frankfurter Buchmesse website. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2023.
The Special Programme for Publishers from Ukraine and neighboring countries is a professional programme launched by Frankfurter Buchmesse in 2022 as part of a strategic partnership and in cooperation with the International Book Arsenal Festival and Goethe-Institut Ukraine.
The Special Programme for Publishers from Ukraine and neighboring countries is subject to financial support by the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany.