For the second time, the International Book Arsenal Festival, the Frankfurter Buchmesse, and the Goethe-Institut Ukraine are organizing the Special Programme for publishers from Ukraine and neighbouring countries at the Frankfurter Buchmesse.
The success of the 2022 Special Programme inspired us, the co-organizers, to continue: this year, the Programme, which is designed to reveal the potential of Ukraine and the neighbouring countries, is taking place for the second time. For the Ukrainian participants, this is, among other things, an opportunity to demonstrate and present themselves as strong partners capable of thinking and acting on a large scale, even in the impossible context of the war. The Book Arsenal is grateful to its German partners for the opportunity to continue supporting our professional publishing community in this way
— says Yuliia Kozlovets, Director of the International Book Arsenal Festival.
Publishers, editors, licence managers, and literary agents from Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Hungary will take part in introductory sessions and seminars by German book market professionals, attend the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2023, and have extensive networking events and opportunities during the fair.
15 participants were selected to participate in this year’s programme which will take place on October 17–20, 9 of them from Ukraine:
- Katheryna Doinychko, Artbooks Publishing House
- Iulia Budnik, Blym-Blym Publishing
- Anna Tiurina, Crocus Publishing LCC
- Anna Labai, KNIGOLOVE LCC
- Roman Skliarov, Nash Format Publisher
- Iryna Oleshko, Nasha Idea
- Larysa Andriievska, Spirit and Litera
- Bogdana Romantsova, Tempora Publishing House
- Svitlana Bondarenko, Zhorzh
Participants from the neighbouring countries:
- Anna Baghramyan, Armenia, ARI Literary and Talent Agency
- David Kakabadze, Georgia, Siesta
- Eszter Kovacs, Hungary, Pagony Kiadó
- Magdalena Debowska, Poland, Wydawnictwo Karakter
- Liliana Duta, Romania, Publica Com
- Ján Gavura, Slovak Republic, FACE
The Programme was launched in 2022 and is being held for the second time this year.
The Programme is subject to financial support by the German Federal Foreign Office.