The International Book Arsenal Festival and the all-Ukrainian non-governmental organization Ukrainian Library Association invite libraries to join the joint project Book Arsenal in Your Library. As part of the project, local libraries will be able to join the online program of the 10th International Book Arsenal Festival that will take place in a hybrid format on June 23-27.
The Book Arsenal in Your Library project will allow residents of local communities from different parts of Ukraine and the world to visit the Festival online and join in viewing and discussing the events that will take place during the Festival in Kyiv.
The library will be a platform for library workers and visitors to discuss and be inspired by new ideas in the international and local context. Following the experience of Book Arsenal, the project participants will be able to create their own events on the basis of local libraries.
YOU CAN JOIN IF YOUR LIBRARY:
- is large or small, public, under school or university authorities; has the experience of successful events or is just looking for ways to establish relations with a community; is located in a city or village, in Ukraine or abroad;
- is interested in super-relevant intellectual online content from the best literary festival in the world.
ALL IT TAKES IS:
- to fill out the application form at the link by May 31 and receive a participant package with the detailed program of online events and the set of layouts for your own information campaign;
- to study the program of events offered by Book Arsenal, and to create your own program on its basis, which will be interesting to your community. Your own program may include discussions, meetings with local authors and publishers, presentations of local lore books, etc;
- to arrange a location creatively and technically, taking into account safety standards, in order to hold the program events in your library;
- to design, using layouts, your own posters, flyers and ads, create an event in the social media profile of your library, conduct an advertising campaign among your potential audience and invite them to the library for the program events;
- from June 23 to June 27, 2021 (and later): to celebrate the Festival to its full extent by your own schedule and plan, and to share impressions and photos from events on social networks, using the hashtag #bookarsenal_lib;
- to summarize and report by July 10, 2021 on how everything went, what worked best and how to improve the project next year.
By July 24, 2021, the Organizing Committee for the Project will choose the most active participating libraries that will receive prizes from the Book Arsenal Festival.
JOIN AND CREATE AN INTELLECTUAL CULTURAL CENTER IN YOUR COMMUNITY!